Senior Data Consultant
Satori is an Analytics Agency made with one simple vision: to give clarity in decision making through data analytics.
Whether it’s a cloud-based big data ecosystem for a global fintech or a machine learning model predicting churn for a leading airline group, Satori develops cutting edge analytics solutions, providing real value to its clients. Services cover the whole data lifecycle from ingestion and warehousing to ML and AI applications.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Consultant to work exclusively with one of our top partners, an international boutique advisory firm specialized in supply chain analytics.
You will be working in a dynamic, motivated and decentralised team, consisting of Data Scientists and Supply Chain experts, delivering innovative data, tech, and customer experience solutions. The majority of our clients are household names and global brands across Europe and beyond.
What the role is about:
You will be working in a vibrant international environment, so you can never expect to have just another typical day at work!
Your key responsibilities include:
- Support the implementation projects and liaise with client Project Managers and BAs / Product Owners to understand detailed requirements.
- Architect data estate solutions.
- Participate in design sessions with Client Developers and other Data Engineers.
- Create, enhance and maintain or advise on the implementation of:
- current business logic, normally through the use of SQL stored procedures, for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- ETL pipelines using a variety of cloud/on-prem technologies.
- Perform technical analysis for migrating on-premise data to a hybrid or fully cloud based data infrastructure that is a state of the art, modern, and scalable data estate.
- Migrate or advise or oversee the migration of on-premise databases to the cloud. This includes all aspects of an on premise system, for example SSIS packages, Analysis services, Reporting services, Roles and Permissions, extended stored procedures etc.
- Ensure that all automated tasks are running smoothly.
- Document current data processes.
- Deliver training and coaching to clients and other consultants in the group.
- Learn and leverage new tools and technologies as per project requirements, knowing when to suggest existing tools and technologies and when to go instead for a customized solution.
- Mentor junior team members.
You might have to travel, mainly in the EU and depending on projects, but we expect traveling not to exceed 10-20% of your time.
And last but not least, we guarantee one thing: you will be working with the latest cloud tech stack and investing in your continuous growth and development!
You are at home in many different aspects of Data Engineering, whether it’s creating stored procedures to upsert data into Fact and Dimension tables or migrating data from one system to another. At the same time you have a significant role in client facing roles as a Data Consultant, Project Manager. You are able to design advanced solutions and implement them end-to-end or oversee their implementation by a team.
Let's talk numbers!
You are expected to have 3+ years minimum experience on:
- Advisory duties as a Data / Analytics / Data Engineering / Analytics consultant.
- Client facing business analysis and requirements gathering.
- SQL Server 2012 – 2019 – Data Engineering / DBA experience.
- Experience with data warehouse development e.g. building fact and dimension tables with complex transformations such as Type 1 and Type 2 changes.
- Knowledge of best practices around indexing and query performance.
- A tech stack of at least one major cloud vendor (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- At least one major visualization tool (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik).
- Experience working with clients throughout all phases of a development project.
You have demonstrable experience in at least 4 of the bellow:
- Experience with SQL Server SSAS and data cubes.
- Experience in the design and development of SSIS packages.
- Azure SQL / Data Warehouse / Azure Data Factory / Analysis Services.
- AWS RDS / Redshift / Athena / Glue / Kinesis.
- ETL / Connector technologies (such as Airbyte / Airflow / dbt).
- No SQL Databases - MongoDB / DynamoDB / Cosmos DB.
- Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau / Power BI / Quicksight.
- PowerShell scripting and automation.
- Working in an Agile team.
You have a positive attitude, and you care not only about your job but for the team as well.
You proactively communicate with the team because you understand that communication is key to effective collaboration. Everyone wants to work with you!
You are fluent in English so that you can communicate on our behalf with any part of the world.
- Competitive salary based on experience, including account growth bonus scheme.
- Flexible working conditions to match your needs. Hybrid model or fully remote from anywhere in Europe.
- Opportunity to work with true tech experts and the latest technologies in Data and AI.