Data Engineering Manager
RemoteAthens, Attikí, GreeceData Engineering
Satori is an Analytics Agency made with one simple vision: to give clarity in decision making through data analytics.
Whether it’s a cloud-based big data ecosystem for a global fintech or a machine learning model predicting churn for a leading airline group, Satori develops cutting edge analytics solutions, providing real value to its clients. Services cover the whole data lifecycle from ingestion and warehousing to ML and AI applications.
Satori is a scale-up, well on track to become the leading data and analytics company in South-Eastern Europe and already a 85+ specialized tech team, consisting of Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, QAs, and CRM Specialists, delivering innovative data, tech, and customer experience solutions. The majority of our clients are household names and global brands in FMCG, retail, ecommerce, financial services, and travel, with a footprint in Greece but also across Europe and beyond.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineering Manager to join our team!
Your day to day
- You will be working in a vibrant, fast-paced environment, so you can never expect to have just another typical day at work. Sometimes you will feel out of your comfort zone, but you will probably never feel bored!
- You will be our tech lead in complex data engineering projects, lead the delivery team and guide younger engineers, distribute work, participate in client meetings and help POs/PMs deliver on time and on budget.
- You will create, document and enforce processes and best practices as tech lead of Agile Delivery teams
- You will directly Line Manage talented Data Engineers, be responsible for their career path and review their progress and be responsible for their resourcing.
- You will participate in pre-sales bids, potentially helping out as a solution architect.
- You will undertake some of the most demanding hands on work, always with a view of understanding complexity and creating knowledge and expertise for the organization, making sure they are disseminated to others.
We guarantee one thing, working with the latest cloud tech stack and investing in your continuous growth and development!
Your professional expertise
You are at home in many different aspects of Data Engineering, whether it’s creating stored procedures to upsert data into Fact and Dimension tables or migrating data from one system to another.
Let's talk numbers!
You are expected to have 5+ years minimum experience on:
SQL – Data Engineering / DBA experience.
At least on one cloud technology (AWS, GCP, Azure).
Python and/or Scala
Experience with data warehouse development e.g., building fact and dimension tables with complex transformations and type 1 and type 2 changes.
Knowledge of best practices around indexing and query performance.
Client facing business analysis and requirements gathering.
Experience working with clients throughout all phases of a development project.
Fluent English, spoken and written.
You will stand out if you have +2 years minimum experience working hands on a cloud environment and/or:
ETL / Connector technologies (such as Airbyte / Airflow / dbt).
No SQL Databases - MongoDB / DynamoDB / Cosmos DB.
Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau / Power BI / Quicksight.
PowerShell scripting and automation.
Working in an Agile team especially as a product owner or scrum master.
You have a positive attitude; you care not only about your job but for the team. You proactively communicate with the team because you understand that communication is key to effective collaboration. Everyone wants to work with you and recognise you as a leader /mentor ! You are fluent in English so that you can communicate on our behalf with any part of the world.
Our most important perk is offering you an energy-laden workplace with some of the market’s top talent and an opportunity to see your work affecting big real-life business decisions. Apart from that, here are some highlights:
Competitive salary based on experience.
Hybrid work model: flexibility to work from home and fully remotely up to 6 weeks per year.
Amazing offices in the center of Athens alongside nice perks (free beverages, fruit and snacks).
Dedicated training time and budget for upskilling/courses etc.
Dedicated time and budget for official certifications.
A great and fast laptop to do your magic.
Opportunity to work with latest tech stack and real tech experts.
Also: Living abroad and thinking of relocating to Greece? Let us know and we will try to make your decision easier!